Bird brained stories!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Birding on(the)line

Who would have thought that on November 11 in Wisconsin, one could consider going out in the field with nothing warmer than a sweatshirt? One that can be removed as the day warms up, even? That's just what I'm considering, though. Will it be the Hixon Trails, or perhaps a run over to the Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge? Only time will tell.

In the meantime, Pamela Martin has braved storms and power outages to get "I and the Bird #10" up for your reading pleasure. Take time to peruse her "What, Who, Where" presentation of excellent birding blogs. I'll be hosting Edition #14, the first for the year 2006. I had this wonderful framework in mind, but doggone Birdchick already went and did it! Once more, my secret dream of being a Weekly World News writer has been dashed. No worries, though, I think I have another schtick I can try.

So if you, like me, are sitting here online instead of in the field, make good use of that time in pursuit of birds and check out "I and the Bird."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page